ACCESS AND USE OF THE ANNA ISIN RECORD SERVICE (the “Service”) LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Please read this license agreement and be sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
- Press the page down key to read the entire agreement.
- Click the “PRINT” button to print the entire agreement.
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY: You are about to
enter into an agreement with the Association of National Numbering
Agencies (“ANNA”), for access to the Service. ISIN
identifiers are the unique twelve digit identifiers, assigned in
accordance with ISO 6166 ISIN standard, that are recognized by the
International Standards Organization (“ISO”) located in
Geneva, Switzerland as security identifiers for cross-border
The Service permits authorized end-user subscribers to receive
online access to individual ISIN identifiers and related descriptive
elements as defined by the ISO 6166 ISIN standard (collectively
“ISIN Data”) for the limited purposes set forth in this
Agreement. Each National Numbering Agency (“NNA”) is the
owner of its respective ISIN Data. Certain NNAs claim copyright and
other intellectual property rights protection in their respective
You will be asked to either accept or decline the terms and conditions of this Agreement by clicking “I Agree” or “I Decline” at the end of this Agreement. The Service may not be accessed until you agree to accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement by clicking “I Agree” below.
By clicking the “I Agree” button at the end, you represent that:
- You are an employee of an entity (“Subscriber”) that intends to use the Service as provided in this Agreement; and
- You are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of Subscriber; and
- Subscriber agrees to be legally bound by this Agreement.
If you are not authorized by Subscriber to enter into this Agreement
or if Subscriber does not agree to be bound by this Agreement, click
the “I Decline” button.
If any of the terms of this Agreement are not acceptable to you and/or Subscriber, you may not access or use the Service. The term "Subscriber" as used in this Agreement refers to the entity for which you are employed, which will use the Service as provided in this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms and
conditions of this Agreement, ANNA hereby grants to Subscriber a
non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to access and
use the Service.
2. Certain Restrictions on Dissemination and Use.
- The Service is solely for
the internal use of Subscriber. Internal use shall mean access and
use of the Service and ISIN Data by Subscriber solely in connection
with the trading and administration of securities transactions,
which shall permit Subscriber to furnish ISIN Data to its customers
and supervisory/public bodies solely to the extent necessary to trade,
clear, settle and report such customer’s own securities transactions
(i.e. as part of customer confirmations and customer brokerage
statements) or, in the case of supervisory/public bodies,
the distribution of the ISIN Data to other supervisory/public bodies for
the purpose of performing their functions which may include the provision
of the ISIN Data to reporting entities.
Subscriber shall also be entitled to distribute the
ISIN Data for the purpose of fulfilling its regulatory or statutory
- Except as provided above,
the Subscriber shall not sell, transfer, publish, distribute, or
otherwise make available, or use, any of the ISIN Data (including,
without limitation, any national identifiers embedded in the ISIN
Data) or any derivation, revision, combination or portion of the
ISIN Data to any other person, organization, affiliate or
- Additionally, the Service will provide Subscribers with the capability to export or download a portfolio of ISIN identifiers in an aggregate amount of up to 1000 active ISIN Records per day.
3. Proprietary Rights.
- Certain NNAs claim copyright
and other intellectual property right protection of their
respective ISIN Data accessed through the Service.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liabilities.
- ISIN DATA HAS BEEN OBTAINED
BY ANNA FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE. HOWEVER, BECAUSE OF
THE POSSIBILITY OF HUMAN OR MECHANICAL ERROR BY ANNA'S SOURCES,
NONE OF THE ANNA SERVICE BUREAU, ANNA OR THE INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL
NUMBERING AGENCIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR
FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH DATA. ANNA MAKES NO
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ANNA, THE
ANNA SERVICE BUREAU, ANY NNA OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES BE
LIABLE FOR: (A) INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOST PROFITS), OR (B) MONETARY DAMAGES UNDER ANY
LEGAL THEORY IN AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE GREATER OF (i) U.S. $1,000.00
OR (ii) TWO (2) TIMES THE FEE PAID BY SUBSCRIBER FOR ACCESS TO THE
SERVICE IN THE MONTH IN WHICH SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS ALLEGED TO
- ANNA shall not be liable to Subscriber for any default or delay resulting from circumstances beyond its control.
5. Term and Termination; Remedies for Breach.
- The term of this Agreement
shall continue until terminated by either party upon two (2) days
notice to the other party.
- ANNA shall have the right to
terminate this Agreement immediately upon any breach by Subscriber
of any material term of this Agreement, including, without
limitation, in the event that Subscriber’s use of the Service
or ISIN Data is not in compliance with the use restrictions set
forth herein. In such event, ANNA shall have the right to decline
providing Subscriber with access to the Service.
- Upon termination of this
Agreement and subject to Subscriber’s continuing compliance
with the applicable terms of this Agreement, Subscriber shall be
entitled to retain in its internal databases all ISIN Data acquired
directly from the Service and shall be entitled to continue to use
such ISIN Data in accordance with Section 2 hereof. Notwithstanding
the foregoing, in the event that ANNA terminates this Agreement as
a result of Subscriber’s breach of this Agreement, Subscriber
shall be required to purge all such ISIN Data from its databases
and shall provide ANNA with a written certification confirming such
- The terms and provisions of Sections 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
6. No Fees
- Until ANNA provides written notice to Subscriber or places a notice on the Service, all fees and other charges for access to and use of the Service as authorized by this agreement are hereby waived.
- Neither this Agreement nor
any rights or obligations hereunder shall be assigned or
transferred by Subscriber without the prior written consent of
- This Agreement represents
the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the
subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements (either
written or oral). However, this Agreement is not intended to, and
shall not, amend, modify or supersede any other existing agreement
between Subscriber and any applicable National Numbering
- The terms and conditions of
this Agreement are subject to change upon notice by ANNA through an
announcement on the Service. Subscriber’s continued use of
the Service after any such modification of the terms of this
Agreement shall constitute Subscriber’s acceptance of such
new or varied terms. In the event that Subscriber is dissatisfied
with any such changed terms, Subscriber’s sole and exclusive
remedy shall be to discontinue any further access to the Service.
- The content of the Service
and the ISIN Data is in the discretion of ANNA and may be modified
or discontinued at any time without prior notice to Subscriber.
- This Agreement shall be
interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with Belgian law.
All disputes arising out of or under this Agreement shall be
adjudicated exclusively within the courts located within Brussels,
- All notices under this Agreement may be provided by ANNA as an announcement through the Service or to Subscriber’s address given in the subscription form.
BY CLICKING THE “I Agree” BUTTON, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT:
- you are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of Subscriber, and
- Subscriber agrees to be legally bound by this Agreement.
DO NOT CLICK THE “I Agree” BUTTON IF YOU
ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITH THE ANNA.
DO NOT CLICK THE “I Agree” BUTTON IF SUBSCRIBER DOES NOT INTEND TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
I Agree | I Decline